Een groot deel van de persoonlijke beschermingsmiddelen bestaat uit kleding en is gemaakt van textiel. Specifieke aandacht is nodig om de persoonlijke bescherming te kunnen garanderen. Zo is de balans tussen veiligheid en comfort bijvoorbeeld heel belangrijk. Op deze pagina worden aandachtspunten voor een nieuw ontwerp en nieuwe materialen gegeven.
Het vervolg van de informatie over dit onderwerp is in het engels
Textiles and clothing represent an area where PPE is an important area of attention. Safety and comfort are becoming more and more important and these aspects must be in balance. The ultimate goal is the development of proactive systems by which workers (but capital goods as well) are optimally protected. We make a disctinction between static (passive protection) and dynamic systems (more intelligent systems, using sensors, communication technology and actuators)
Designing PPE; textile/ garmet aspects for protection at the workplace
Points of attention for a new design are in summary:
- Safety is obtained by choice of materials for a textile construction, including the use of coatings with special properties, application of specific additives and he use of special designed fibre shapes.
- The architecture and ultimate construction and the combinations with other materials result in products that respond adequately. This is of great importance because of the balance comfort – safety. But a lot can be improved in this respect
- Insight in human behaviour, ambient intelligence and systems technology will lead to new routes for product development and a more active approach and higher levels of safety on the work floor.
Consequently there is a lot of research going on that is aimed at improved materials and systems. regultations, cost aspects and preparedness to innovate by producers as well as buyers, are important items.
The pdf contains more information on the following topics as well:
- Law and legislation: the rules and standards
- Technology and developments (Static systems and technology: Materials technology Dynamic systems, Developments in dynamic systems, Coatings, static and dynamic)
- Clothing aspects
- Cases and examples (Industrial safety,Utility workers, Chemical industry workers, Fire fighters,Hygiene: hospital, food industry workers)See for more information .